|Debt Consolidation Information||
Let us create a 3d Digital eBook for you! DigyCat.com
The Pros and Cons of Debt Consolidation Loans
You are swimming in debt. You have 4 credit cards maxed out, a car loan, a consumer loan, and a house payment. Simply making the minimum payments is causing your distress and certainly not getting you out of debt. What should you do?
Some people feel that debt consolidation loans are the best option. A debt consolidation loans is one loan which pays off many other loans or lines of credit.
I'm sure you've seen the advertisements of smiling people who have chosen to take a consolidation loan. They seem to have had the weight of the world lifted off their shoulders. But are debt consolidation loans a good deal? Let's explore the pros and cons of this type of debt solution.
1. One payment versus many payments: The average citizen of the USA pays 11 different creditors every month. Making one single payment is much easier than figuring out who should get paid how much and when. This makes managing your finances much easier.
2. Reduced interest rates: Since the most common type of debt consolidation loan is the home equity loan, also called a second mortgage, the interest rates will be lower than most consumer debt interest rates. Your mortgage is a secured debt. This means that they have something they can take from you if you do not make your payment. Credit cards are unsecured loans. They have nothing except your word and your history. Since this is the case, unsecured loans typically have higher interest rates.
3. Lower monthly payments: Since the interest rate is lower and because you have one payment vs many, the amount you have to pay per month is typically decreased significantly.
4. Only one creditor: With a consolidated loan, you only have one creditor to deal with. If there are any problems or issues, you will only have to make one call instead of several. Once again, this simply makes controlling your finances much easier.
5. Tax Breaks: Interest paid to a credit card is money down the drain. Interest paid to a mortgage can be used as a tax write-off.
Sounds great, doesn't it? Before you run out and get a loan, let's look at the other side of the picture - the cons.
1. Easy to get into further debt: With an easier load to bear and more money left over at the end of the month, it might be easy to start using your credit cards again or continuing spending habits that got you into such credit card debt in the first place.
2. Longer time to pay off: Most mortgages are the 10 to 30 year variety. This means that rather than spend a couple of years getting out of credit card debt, you will be spending the length of your mortgage getting out of debt.
3. Spend more over the long haul: Even though the interest rate is less, if you take the loan out over a 30 year period, you may end up spending more than you would have if you had kept each individual loan.
4. You can lose everything: Consolidation loans are secured loans. If you didn't pay an unsecured credit card loan, it would give you a bad rating but your home would still be secure. If you do not pay a secured loan, they will take away whatever secured the loan. In most cases, this is your home.
As you can see, consolidated loans are not for everyone. Before you make a decision, you must realistically look at the pros and cons to determine if this is the right decision for you.
Wesley Atkins is the owner of http://www.credit-cards-advisor.com- which aims to get you fitted with the best credit cards to suit your situation. With numerous credit card articles and easy online credit card applications you will never choose the wrong credit card again.
Copywriting - Google News
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Private Student Loans - Dispelling The Myths
Private Student Loans - dispelling the mythsIf savings, grants, scholarships, and federal loans don't cover the cost of your education, it's time to turn to private loans. But young college students can't qualify for a private loan, can they? Wrong! This article addresses this and other myths about student loans that you may run into.
Debt Consolidation Service In Birmingham
Jane was a fun loving girl from Birmingham, you could say she lived for today. She wanted all the latest fashions and gadgets and certianly was not afraid to use her credit card to pay for them.
Debt Consolidation for Homeowners: Saving Grace for Inept Borrowers
You cannot understand the importance of being a homeowner until you enter the loan market for debt consolidation. Debt consolidation for homeowners is a responsible way of getting out of debt.
Consolidate Debt to Help Get You Out of the Quagmire
Will you agree with me if I tell you that, the key to financial success is to live within your means? This is an old belief that modern day income earners have completely forgotten. This is because it is now extremely easy to get into financial trouble.
Is Consolidating Loans Right For You?
Consolidating loans makes sense but only if you can pay a lower interest rate than what you're paying now. This is especially true if you are consolidating mortgage loans.
Credit Card Purgatory - A 7 Step Comprehensive Plan to Get and Stay out of Credit Card Hell
Does this Sound like You? There are 100 shopping Days left until Christmas and your Credit Card Balance is Higher now then it was in the beginning of the year. You may have thought of using your home and getting a debt consolidation loan, A Debt Consolidation Loan without a solid Long Term financial plan is a Recipe for Disaster.
Moving Debt Between Cards Can Save You Money
If you're like most people, you have plenty of credit cards, and you have stacks of offers for more. The credit card industry is so competitive that, whatever card you have, the chances are that somewhere out there is one that would be cheaper or better for you - and you can change as often as you want!Take Up Teaser Offers.
Debt Consolidation: Its all in the Planning
If you're like thousands of other people who find themselves deeply buried in debt, facing a daily barrage of creditors and bills, and wondering how on earth they are ever going to dig themselves out of this hole, a debt consolidation re-mortgage could be your best bet.By consolidating all of your bills into a single, easy to make, monthly payment you are able to get a handle on your debt before it gets any more out of control than it already is.
Debt Reduction Solutions
Finding solutions to reducing your debt takes some thinking and research on your part. You have some good choices available to you and we shall list these key debt reduction solutions for you right here:1.
Overwhelmed By Student Loan Debt? Consider a Consolidate Student Loan
A consolidate student loan is the perfect solution for people who need help managing their debt. If you have several different loan payments but want to make only one payment per month, you should apply for a Federal Consolidation Loan.
Debt Elimination 4
Planning For Debt Elimination Without Surplus CashPreviously we looked at using surplus cash each month to chip away at those outstanding loans, on our long road to debt elimination. But what can you do if there is no surplus cash every month?So, you have examined your monthly outgoings, and there is nothing to cut out in the way of expenditure.
Credit Card Blues
For the average American family, debt, and especially credit card debt is spiraling out of control at a record pace. The average household credit card debt has risen dramatically from $3000 in 1990 to over $8000 today.
Debt Consolidation Loans: Thousands Now Out Of Debt, Who Never Thought They Would Be!
A Debt consolidation loan: Is a personal loan you use to pay all your debts. You may odtain it from a finance company, bank, credit union, debt consolidation company, merchant association, debt pooling service, or nonprofit consumer debt service.
Debt Relief From Debt Consolidation
If you are up to your neck in debt, there may seem like there is no relief in sight. In fact this is not necessarily the truth.
What You Need to Know About Debt Consolidation
Debt consolidation is often a last resort for people who are in extreme debt and trying to avoid bankruptcy. Many people who are not in danger of bankruptcy, but have debt on high interest credit cards may also choose to consolidate their debt.
Debt Consolidation Mortgage: Home Solutions for Integrating Arrears
Credit card debts, auto loans debts, secured loans debts, unsecured loans debts - debts of all sorts and types registered against your name. It is hardly a very promising situation.
Credit Counseling - Get in Line Now to Avoid the Upcoming Rush
Credit counseling is a valuable service for consumers who have trouble managing their finances. A distinctly different service from debt consolidation, credit counseling assists consumers with problem debt by educating them about the basics of money management.
Use Caution When Entering Into Debt-Consolidation Loan
To the person drowning in debt, a debt-consolidation loan looks a lot like a lifesaver. But agreeing to such a loan without understanding it completely could be a serious mistake.
Debt Consolidation - How to Protect Your Credit Accounts from Theft
Last week, a security exploit at CardSystems Solutions, Inc, a credit card processor, may have allowed thieves to obtain as many as 40 million credit card numbers from unsuspecting victims. The theft was brought about though a virus introduced into the CardSystems that allowed external hackers to obtain access to the account information.
A Simple Question We All Wonder - Are Debt Settlement Companies Scams?
Are debt settlement companies scams? It's a simple question so does it have a simple answer?Along with the genuinely helpful firms, there are plenty of operations billing themselves as legit debt settlement companies. These debt company scams prey on debtors by promising relieved debt and empty their pockets forcing payment of outrageous fees.
PrimeNews Domain Is For Sale - $5,000 For Enquiries eMail Us
© www.PrimeNews.biz - 2012